While the applicant portal has been designed to be easy to use, please follow these important tips:
- Be sure to click the Save button before clicking Submit.
- For security purposes, this system will automatically log out after 30 minutes of inactivity. Save your work frequently.
- Clicking Save will only validate data in the current/active tab.
- You must click Submit to finalize your application for NEA review. If you do not hit the "Submit" button, your application will not be received.
- Any validation errors will be noted in a pop up at the top right of the screen after you click submit.
- After submitting your application, you may still make modifications to your submission up until the system closes on the day of the deadline.
You will receive confirmation of your successful submission in one way:
- A pop up on your screen.
- Click 'Next' to advance to top of the next page. Click 'Previous' to go back to top of the previous page.
- Cursor movements are through the tab key.
- File Type must be one for the following: wmv, mpa, ra, wav, aac, mid, avi, mov, mp4, mpeg, rm, mvw, mp3, wma, avi, jpg, pdf, bmp, jpg, png, gif.
- Each time you upload file/work samples, the page will clear and show the file uploaded in the grid.
- Clicking left/right arrow on the radio buttons moves the cursor to the next/previous screens.
- To copy text, first select the text, right click, and then select copy.
- To paste text, position the cursor and then right click and select paste.
NOTE: Some special characters (such as ampersands, quotation marks, apostrophes, and angle brackets) may take up multiple characters in webforms. If you notice a higher than expected character count when you copy and paste from your word processing program or enter information directly into this webform, try transferring the text into a text-only utility like Notepad and then paste it into the form.
To validate data before submitting:
- When the Validate button is clicked, the application will go through a validation process to search for errors. This feature does not check to be sure that your application is complete. Please carefully review the application guidelines to be sure you have submitted each required item.
- Click the 'Validate' link found at the top right corner of the page.
- Click either 'Validate All' to validate all the tabs or select each link to validate separately.
- If there are no errors, the 'Validate' link will change to green and each tab will have a check mark by it.
- To clear validation messages, press the Esc key.
Short keys to be used throughout the application when necessary.
- Alt + Up – Scroll up.
- Alt + Down – Scroll down.
- Alt + Left – Scroll tab left.
- Alt + Right – Scroll tab right.
- Alt + '+/-' – Expand/Collapse navigation Notes.
- Alt + B – About
- Alt + L – Log Off
Application Form Action Keys:
- Alt + S – Save the Application.
- Alt + P – Print the Application.
- Alt + U – Submit the Application.
- Alt + C – Cancel/Refresh the page.
- Alt + N – Skip to the next tab.
- Alt + R – Skip to the previous tab.
- Ctrl + B – Add New Key Individual.
- Ctrl + K – Add New Key Partner.
- Ctrl + F – Add new File/Work Sample.
NOTE: All red asterisked (*) items on this form are required and must be completed before you will be able to submit the form.