This site will be down for required maintenance Thursday, September 5, 5:00pm - 9:00pm, ET.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve our new Applicant Portal. There are some known issues, and below are ways you can work around them:
The Applicant Portal will be available to Our Town applicants beginning on August 13, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time to August 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
Cut-and-Pasting will only work properly for unformatted text. If you are using a PC please cut-and-paste your text into the notepad.exe program first then into the desired text box. If you are using a MAC, cut-and-paste first into the TextEdit program with the "Make Plain Text" option set under the format menu.
Saving data may not always work as expected (this is rare). However, to prevent the loss of data:
- Make sure you have your information stored in a document outside of the GAF, and
- Refresh your web browser each time after saving and check to make sure that your data saved.
Copying and pasting text from a word processing program can result in a loss of formatting. If that happens, format text directly in the GAF.
There can be a slight delay between the upload of your work samples and seeing them in the Applicant Portal. This is particularly true for videos. For videos, the usual upload time runs five to ten minutes. However, close to the deadline, this time may extend to as much as an hour. Videos are placed in a queue to be converted for upload, and the more people uploading, the longer the queue. Do not immediately assume that your upload failed; wait and try accessing the material again.
As a reminder:
If you notice a lower than expected character count after you cut-and-paste directly into the GAF from your word processing program, transfer your text into a text-only utility like Notepad before pasting it into the GAF. Some special characters that are used in formatting are stripped out during the cut-and-paste process. The character count includes those special hidden formatting characters in the total count before stripping them out and as a result some of your text will be cut off. See the guidelines for additional tips.
You can confirm that your application was received when you log in to the Applicant Portal. On the first screen it will say “Submitted” if your application has been received. If your application has not yet been received, it will say “In Progress.” You will not receive a confirmation email. You can maintain documentation of your successful submission by taking a screenshot.
- This warning banner provides privacy and security notices consistent with applicable federal laws, directives, and other federal guidance for accessing this Government system, which includes (1) this computer network, (2) all computers connected to this network, and (3) all devices and storage media attached to this network or to a computer on this network.
- This system is provided for Government-authorized use only.
- Unauthorized or improper use of this system is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action and/or civil and criminal penalties.
- Personal use of social media and networking sites on this system is limited as to not interfere with official work duties and is subject to monitoring
- By using this system, you understand and consent to the following:
- The Government may monitor, record, and audit your system usage, including usage of personal devices and email systems for official duties or to conduct NEA business. Therefore, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this system.
- Any communication or data transiting or stored on this system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose.
The National Endowment for the Arts continues to operate as usual and will do so until a new budget is enacted by Congress. The Arts Endowment continues to make FY 2019 grant awards and will continue to honor all obligated grant funds made to date. Additionally, the agency will continue to accept grant applications for FY 2020 at our usual deadlines.