The Applicant Portal will be available to Grants for Arts Projects applicants beginning on February 18, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time to February 25, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
The Applicant Portal will be available to International Indemnity applicants beginning on March 18, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time to March 20, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
The Applicant Portal will be available to Research Awards applicants beginning on April 2, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time to April 9, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
The User Name and Password can only be used by one person at a time in the Applicant Portal. If multiple people use the User Name and Password at the same time to work on an application, data will be lost.
Most problems can be solved by changing your browser.
Be sure to first copy and paste any text into Notepad (if you’re using a PC) or TextEdit (if you’re using a Mac) before copying it into the Applicant Portal. This will strip away any HTML Coding that may add unwanted additional characters to text (however, any formatting you had will be deleted). These additional characters can be added due to some special characters such as ampersands, quotation marks, apostrophes, and angle brackets.
To prevent the loss of data (this is rare):
- Make sure you have your information stored in a document outside of the GAF, and
- Refresh your web browser each time after saving and check to make sure that your data saved.
Hit "Save" and log off if you plan to leave the Applicant Portal with work in progress. Your session will deactivate after a period of time and you could lose content.
You must click "Save" and then "Submit" to submit your application If you do not hit the "Submit" button, your application will not be received.
The "Submit" button is only visible when you are on the last tab of your application.
Ensure that your application was received by logging in to the Applicant Portal. On the first screen it will say "Submitted" if your application has been received. If your application has not yet been received, it will say "In Progress." Maintain documentation of your successful submission by taking a screenshot. You also may receive a courtesy confirmation email.
After submitting your application, you may log back into the Applicant Portal and make changes to your submission up until the system closes at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Time, on the day of the deadline. You must click "Save" and "Submit" when you are finished. You also may receive a courtesy confirmation email after you resubmit.
You may print a copy of your application at any time, whether in draft or final form, for your records.
View the Grant Application Form Tutorial to assist you in completing the online form.
- This warning banner provides privacy and security notices consistent with applicable federal laws, directives, and other federal guidance for accessing this Government system, which includes (1) this computer network, (2) all computers connected to this network, and (3) all devices and storage media attached to this network or to a computer on this network.
- This system is provided for Government-authorized use only.
- Unauthorized or improper use of this system is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action and/or civil and criminal penalties.
- Personal use of social media and networking sites on this system is limited as to not interfere with official work duties and is subject to monitoring
By using this system, you understand and consent to the following:
- The Government may monitor, record, and audit your system usage, including usage of personal devices and email systems for official duties or to conduct NEA business. Therefore, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this system.
- Any communication or data transiting or stored on this system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose.
The National Endowment for the Arts continues to operate as usual and will do so until a new budget is enacted by Congress. The Arts Endowment continues to make grant awards and will continue to honor all obligated grant funds made to date. Additionally, the agency will continue to accept grant applications at our usual deadlines.